POSITION AVAILABLE: Miller – 3rd Shift
SHIFT: 11pm-7am (This is the normal scheduled shift, however other shifts may be assigned as needed)
RATE OF PAY: $26.44/hour (Shift differential will apply)
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for supervising the operation and maintenance of grain milling equipment in the production of flour and/or semolina. Works under the general guidance and direction of the Head and Assistant Head Miller.
- Sets and adjusts break rolls to specified extraction.
- Sets, monitors, and adjusts airflow on purifiers.
- Periodically samples flour and/ or semolina to ensure quality of run.
- Collects flour and/or semolina to ensure quality of run.
- Monitor flour for enrichment and treatments to ensure product meets specifications.
- Check flour streams periodically to determine bolting efficiency.
- Other duties as may be assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Has thorough knowledge of grain milling procedures, techniques, and equipment.
- Is able to understand and carry out complex verbal, written, and numeric instructions.
- Individual must be physically able to perform duties assigned him/her, willing to cooperate, and be able to anticipate duties without being informed continually.
RESPONSIBLE TO: Milling Superintendent – Tom Worcester